This side dish should only be used by eggplant lovers, as gives the eggplant a nearly solo starring role in the show. Unlike eggplant parmesan, which is usually deep fried and covered in sauce, there is nothing here masking the eggplanty goodness, and only a few supporting actors enter the scene. As such, this side pairs very well with stronger flavoured main dishes. Try going with Mediterranean flavours like Greek Steak Kebabs or a funky beef dish like Gorgonzola Stuffed Steak to round out what will be an unforgettable meal.
Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Eggplant (makes 2-3 servings)
- 2 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Any other seasonings to taste (black pepper and salt are good here)
- Cut your eggplant into quarters (the long way, so it fits into your food processor feeding hole)
- With your shredder attachment, process the eggplant through slice by slice until it is completely shredded (a box grater will work too, but this is much easier)
- Peel and slice your garlic into thin pieces
- In a pan, heat some butter, and toss your garlic in for a few minutes until it starts to give off its amazing aromas.
- Dump the eggplant in the pan, and stir. Sautee until it reaches your desired tenderness…should take about 10-15 minutes depending on your heat level.
- Stir in your spices.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!