We wanted to find a good vegetarian football food the other day, and we had a craving for a salad…so we built this Buffalo Blue Cheese salad! From our Buffalo Chickpea Tenders Recipe, we knew that chickpeas would be a great protein component, as they pair well with the iconic sauce. From there, it was a quick easy build to add on other ingredients to enhance flavours and textures…and 15 minutes or so later, we were eating! We highly suggest this for a quick lunch, a side salad (if you shrink it down), or an entree salad!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Field Greens or Baby Spinach
- Sweet or Red Onion
- Grape Tomatoes
- Buffalo Sauce
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Then, fry them lightly with a little oil in a pan or air fry them to heat and build a hint of crispiness on the outside.
- As your chickpeas cook, arrange a base layer of greens. Then dice some onion, tomato, and avocado, and add that atop.
- When your chickpeas are hot, transfer them to a small bowl, and drizzle them with Buffalo sauce. Toss to combine, and then arrange them atop your salad.
- Crumble some blue cheese over your salad, and then drizzle your dressing on.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!