My mother-in-law was down visiting for a few days, and she brought Brussels Sprouts with her! I was a little nervous at first because my sous chef isn’t known to be a fan of that particular ingredient…but then she asked me if I had any Hoisin Sauce on hand, and I thought to myself, “Okay….with that ingredient added in, there’s a good chance he may embrace the sprout!” So, we cut the sprouts in half, tossed them in a mix of sesame oil and hoisin sauce and roasted them (with some sesame seeds for dramatic effect). And what do you know? My sous chef embraced them fully! I plan to use this revelation as a springboard into the endless world of Brussels sprout adventures…
We served our Brussels sprouts with Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken (+Sweet and Sour Sauce) and boiled Fingerling Potatoes. However, these would have paired really well with Seared Tuna, Soy and Rice Vinegar Grilled Pork, or Deconstructed Crunchy Salmon Rolls.
Time: 45 Minutes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sesame Oil
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse your Brussels sprouts, and cut off and discard the ends.
- Slice each sprout in half, and add to a large baking bowl.
- Drizzle some oil and hoisin sauce over your sprouts, and stir until they are all coated.
- Sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Stash in the oven for 40-45 minutes until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!