We decided upon this side dish because we wanted something that would pair nicely with our Seared Tuna with Honey Teriyaki Edamame Sauce, and we figured we should double down on the edamame and the teriyaki sauce. The texture and flavour added to the rice by the three supplemental ingredients worked really well, and we plan to make this again for future pairings with Roasted Garlic Smothered Pork Tenderloin, Soy and Rice Vinegar Grilled Pork, or even as a stuffing for roasted stuffed bell peppers.
Time: 30 Minutes
- White Rice (1/4 cup makes for a good serving)
- Shredded Carrots
- Water (3x your dried rice volume)
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Heat some oil in a pot, and when it’s hot enough that it flows quickly when you tilt the pot, add in your rice. Stir to coat your rice with the oil, and allow to sit on the burner for a few minutes.
- Add your shredded carrots to your rice pot, and then pour in your water, and turn the burner to low.
- As your rice cooks, add your edamame to a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and let the edamame cook for 2-3 minutes. Then drain excess water.
- When your rice water is mostly absorbed, stir some edamame into your rice pot.
- When all of the water is absorbed, pour in some teriyaki sauce, and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or two to heat the sauce.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!