This recipe fueled the Bills to a win over the Broncos last Saturday…and I again take full credit for the win. I will share credit with them for winning the division though since I’m only responsible for the last three games. They did the rest (outside of some well timed field goal jinxing spread strategically throughout the season).
For this recipe, we slow cooked our chicken breast so that we could shred it and spread it evenly over our nachos before adding our toppings. Instead of blue cheese (which doesn’t melt and coat well), we picked a mild cheese…in this case shredded Monterrey jack…to cover our nachos. Also, note the masterful nacho chip spreading…that was our sous chef’s handiwork!
If you prefer other flavours for your gameday experience, try some of our other Nachos Recipes!
Time: 20 Minutes (Plus about 4-5 hours of crockpot time to cook your chicken so it can be shredded)
- Chicken Breast
- Your favourite Buffalo Sauce
- Tortilla Chips
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Lettuce or Arugula
- Cheese of your choice. We picked shredded Monterrey Jack because it melts better than Blue and has a mild flavour that won’t try to compete with the Buffalo Sauce
- Place your chicken breasts into a crockpot with some diced celery and a little bit of water. Set the heat to low, and cook for about 4 hours.
- As your chicken nears the end of its cook time, slice some more celery and cherry tomatoes, and shred some lettuce (unless using arugula, in which case, it’s already sort of preshredded)
- Remove your chicken from the crockpot, and use two forks to shred them.
- Pour in a little Buffalo sauce, and stir to combine.
- Spread your nacho chips on your plate, and then scoop and spread your chicken atop.
- Add the rest of your toppings to your plate, and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Microwave to melt your cheese.
- Since nacho construction and cheese melting is your “Plate” step, you can move right on to “Devour and Enjoy!”