We needed a quick side dish that would pair nicely with the Asian flavor profile of our Ginger Soy Glazed Roasted Duck Legs, and we had some sweet peppers and Shishito peppers in our fridge (from our Shrimp and Shishito Pepper Stir Fry dinner). So, we decided to cook our peppers and then finish them off with some sesame seeds!
While we served these with our duck, they would also be great as a side for any pork, chicken, or beef with an Asian marinade or glaze.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Shishito Peppers
- Sweet Peppers
- Sesame Seeds
- Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- Start to heat some oil in a cast iron pan.
- Wash your peppers, and cut the stems off. We removed the seeds from our sweet peppers and kept the seeds in the Shishito peppers.
- When the oil is hot, add your peppers, and sauté until they blister and brown but don’t quite burn.
- Towards the end, sprinkle in some sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- Optional: Give a little soy sauce or rice vinegar splash to add some extra flare to your peppers.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!