Here’s part two of our hearty breakfast for dinner night! We wanted to build a side dish that would complement the rich coffee flavours of our Coffee Crusted Sirloin Steak, so we decided to make mashed potatoes built upon ingredients that are oft associated with coffee, hazelnut and cream. We hope you enjoy!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Russet potatoes. (I used half of one potato per serving)
- Blanched Hazelnuts
- Half and half or cream
- Rinse and cut your potato. Then, put it in a pot with some water, and bring to a boil.
- While your potatoes boil, put your hazelnuts in a skillet (with no oil or anything), and heat. Toss them or stir them occasionally until they start to brown. Then remove from heat, and pour into your food processor.
- When your potatoes are soft enough to be easily stabbed with a fork, remove from the heat, drain, and add them to your food processor bowl with your hazelnuts.
- Add in some butter and half and half or cream, and pulse to puree (adding more dairy as necessary). We opted to not fully puree the hazelnuts to preserve a chunkier texture.
- Add back to your pot, and heat before serving.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!