Our neighbors brought us a big bag of cucumbers fresh from their garden the other day, so we will be getting creative with cucumber this week. To start, we are attempting to make a chilled soup on this summer day.
We topped our soup off with corn, tomatoes, scallion onions, and grilled shrimp. A few other topping options that would work well might be feta and kalamata olives, falafel or chickpeas and red peppers, or maybe even blueberries and sliced almonds.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Cucumbers (we used three to make two servings)
- Plain Yogurt (about 1.25-1.5 cups depending on how much cucumber are using)
- Fresh Herbs (we are using parsley…also from our neighbors…but basil, cilantro, dill, or mint would be good too depending on the flavors you’re going for and what you plan to serve atop the soup)
- Lemon Juice (We used juice from half of a lemon)
- Any spices you like…we added some black pepper and salt
- Peel your cucumbers, cut them into quarters lengthwise (like pickle spears), and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. See the cucumber evolution with the side by side pictures below.
- Slice your cucumbers, and toss them into the food processor with your fresh herbs. Pulse to chop/puree.
- Add in your lemon juice and optional spices, and blend together.
- Lastly, add in your yogurt, and puree.
- Plate (or stash in the fridge for later), devour, and enjoy!