Here’s another pizza idea. We had a broccoli and kale pizza crust in the freezer that we’d bought for a day where we didn’t have much time to cook, and we also had some leftover chicken sausage and pesto on hand…so this was a perfect way to use up a bunch of ingredients that needed to be eaten. We loved the pesto as a sauce, and we plan to do it again with different crusts and topping combinations in the future.
Time: 25 minutes
- Pizza crust or dough (we used a frozen Broccoli and Kale crust this time, but some of our Homemade Pizza Crust Recipes would work well here if you’ve got the time)
- Basil Pesto
- Chicken sausage
- Red pepper
- Scallion onion
- Feta cheese
- Place your pizza stone or pizza sheet in the oven, and preheat it to 425 degrees F
- When the pizza stone is heated, put your crust or dough (corn meal sprinkle first if using dough to prevent sticking) on it
- Working quickly, assemble your toppings. I like to spread the hummus first followed by the spinach and cheese.
- Stash everything in the oven for 15-20 minutes until your dough gets to your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove from oven, and wait a minute or two before you cut into slices.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!