Our pups were overdue for a new batch of Homemade Dog Treats after finishing off their last one a week ago. So, we decided to combine two of their favourite ingredients, Beets and Bananas, to give them little morsels of joy. In addition to the pureed beet and banana, we mixed in some oat flour as a binder. A quick mixing, a scooping, and an oven sojourn later, and these babies came out smelling great. Then, the dogs waited (impatiently and involuntarily) for their treats to cool before they got to enjoy.
Time: 40 Minutes (plus another hour to boil your beet, which can be done ahead of time)
- 1 Medium Beet
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- A little water
- Boil your beet for about 45-60 minutes until it’s soft enough to pierce with a fork. Then, remove from the water and let cool a bit before using your thumbs to peel the skin.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and give it a quick oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Place your beet and banana in your blender with a splash of water, and puree. Pour your puree into a mixing bowl.
- Add your oat flour to the mixing bowl, and stir to fully incorporate.
- Scoop your dough onto your baking sheet.
- Stash in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip your treats, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to fully cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Have your dog sit, devour, and enjoy!