After seeing how much our pups enjoyed the Apple Pie Dog Cookies we made for them last week, we figured we’d use apple as our primary ingredient for the next batch as well. For this one, we swapped out the cinnamon for some honey, and we used oats as one of the “filler” ingredients. They didn’t produce the same aromas as the aforementioned treats as they cooked due to the lack of cinnamon, but the dogs certainly seemed to enjoy…if that mega chops lick by Sadie is any indication.
Time: 60 Minutes
- An Apple
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3 Tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with some foil, and give it a quick oil spray.
- Core and dice your apple. Then, put it in your food processor with two tablespoons of water, and quasi-puree it.
- Scoop your apple mixture into a mixing bowl, and add your oats, honey, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Scoop your apple dough onto your baking sheet in whatever treat sizes your dog prefers.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then, flip your cookies, and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let come to room temperature.
- Let your dog(s) sit, devour, and enjoy!