T’is the season of lots of funky squash! We had never seen Carnival Squash before, but it caught our eye as it sat next to the bin of Acorn Squash. It looked like a speckled cousin of the acorns next to it, and it was just too pretty to not buy! When we cut it, it was a lot like acorn squash, so we treated it like one, and it did not disappoint!
We served this with our Crispy Garlic Pork Cutlet and Roasted Brussels Sprouts, but it would also go nicely with Roasted Turkey!
Time: 60 Minutes
- Carnival (or Acorn) Squash
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully cut your squash in half from stem to bottom.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Place half of your squash face down on your cutting board, and carefully cut it into wedges.
- Give a baking pan a quick oil spray, and then add your squash wedges. Spray your squash with some more oil, and then sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (until you squash is soft).
- Plate, scoop the flesh away from the skin (don’t eat the skin on this one), devour, and enjoy!
It‘s the same with me – if it‘s pretty I have to buy it 😄 and back at home I search the internet for what to do with it