I had never thought of grilling romaine hearts until my aunt made it for me the other day when we were up visiting. After the first bite, my eyes were open to the possibilities, and I was convinced! She made them with a red wine vinegar and garlic powder based marinade, so for this attempt, I wanted to branch out and try a little different flavour, and it still worked! As such, I venture to say that this recipe is likely robust and can be used with multiple different marinades/dressings!
We served this with Grilled Zucchini and Cranberry Marinated Pork Loin Chops, but it would go very well with any Grilled Meat you can imagine! You can also add other toppings like crumbled bacon, cheese, or even candied nuts as you see fit to pair with your entree.
Time: 15 Mintutes
- Romaine Hearts
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar of your Choice (We used Balsamic)
- Optional: Spices of your choice. Garlic Powder is usually a winner.
- Wash your lettuce, and then cut it in half longways.
- Place your lettuce in a gallon sized zip top bag, and drizzle some olive oil and vinegar over your lettuce (along with any seasonings/spices you like).
- Remove air from the bag, and then zip it closed.
- Preheat your grill.
- When the grill is hot, turn the burner to low, and place your romaine hearts on with the flat side down. Grill for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip, and grill the other side for another minute or two.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!