This is Part 2 of our dinner inspired by the Estonian restaurant, Kuldse Notsu Kõrts. It is the side dish we are using to accompany our Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Cherry Pecan Sauce. If I ever get the chance to go to Estonia, I am going to have to make my wife bring me to this restaurant…The chef’s creativity is absolutely inspiring!
Time: 50 Minutes (most of which is hands-off/baking time where you can prep and cook your entree)
- Black Pepper
- Milk/Cream/Half and Half
- Liquid Smoke
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some oil-sprayed foil.
- Wash your carrots, place them on your baking sheet, give them a quick oil spray, and stash them in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- Then, give them a quick burst under the broiler to char them ever so slightly to start developing the smoky flavour.
- Put the carrots into your food processor with some butter, milk/cream/half and half, black pepper, and a little liquid smoke, and puree. Add more milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour your puree into a sauce pan, and heat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!