This is Part 2 of our dinner inspired by the Estonian restaurant, Kuldse Notsu Kõrts. It is the side dish we are using to accompany our Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Cherry Pecan Sauce. If I ever get the chance to go to Estonia, I am going to have to make my wife bring me to this restaurant…The chef’s creativity is absolutely inspiring!
Time: 50 Minutes (most of which is hands-off/baking time where you can prep and cook your entree)
- Black Pepper
- Milk/Cream/Half and Half
- Liquid Smoke
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some oil-sprayed foil.
- Wash your carrots, place them on your baking sheet, give them a quick oil spray, and stash them in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- Then, give them a quick burst under the broiler to char them ever so slightly to start developing the smoky flavour.
- Put the carrots into your food processor with some butter, milk/cream/half and half, black pepper, and a little liquid smoke, and puree. Add more milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour your puree into a sauce pan, and heat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!
This sounds really lovely. I’ve made purées with sweet potato, potatoes, and squashes, but never carrots. I need to rectify that!
We definitely want to play more with pureed carrots in the future! We’re thinking about maybe using some dill or honey in future iterations to try something different than the smoky.