Our pups said it was time for another batch of Dog Treats, and when they gave us the puppy eyes and perked their ears, we were powerless to resist. So, we took a page from our Banana Oat Dog Cookies and Peanut Butter Banana Dog Cookies recipes and started mashing up a banana for our base. We then used some unsweetened shredded coconut and a little coconut sugar (although honey would also work) as a sweetener before putting these into the oven to bake. As has become customary, the dogs really enjoyed! And they rewarded me with a lot of cuddles on the couch.
Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 Banana
- 2-3 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Sugar (or honey)
- 1/4 Cup of Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with foil. Give the foil a little oil spray to prevent sticking later.
- Peel your banana, and put it in a bowl…then use a fork to mash it up.
- Add your coconut, oats, and sugar/honey, and stir to combine.
- Add your flour, and fold everything together.
- Scoop your cookies onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Then, flip your cookies, and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- When your cookies are ready, remove from the oven, and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Have your dog Sit, Devour, and Enjoy!