We used half of our bananas to make Peanut Butter Banana Dog Cookies, and the dogs really enjoyed…so we figured we’d make another banana based batch of treats for them (this time really playing on the banana as the unquestioned champion flavour). To make that happen, we removed the peanut butter and honey from our batter, and we added in rolled oats and flax meal!
As these cooked, the kitchen became filled with the sweet and distinctive aroma of banana, and it was clearly tantalizing for our four legged friends. In fact, the moment I went to pull the treats out of the oven, the dogs followed me into the kitchen expectantly. The disappointment of having to wait for them to cool though was quickly overcome by their enjoyment once the treats were ready to go.
Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 Bananas (ripe-overripe with peel starting to brown)
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Meal
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with foil, and give it a quick oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Peel your bananas, and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash by fork until your bananas turn to mush.
- Add in your oats, flax meal, and flour.
- Stir/fold to combine completely.
- Scoop your treats onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then flip the treats, and bake for another 20-25 minutes. **Cooking times will vary based on how crunchy your dogs like their treats and the size of the treats you are making.
- When your treats are ready, remove, and allow to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Sit, feed, watch while they enjoy!