Simple side here. This one goes well with any roasted meat, and it takes so little time to prepare…and it takes about the same amount of time to roast as many meats. Add in that you can jazz the dish up with different spice profiles to really match the rest of your meal, and this should be an instant winner.
Tonight, since I’m pairing this with Venison and Cheese Pasties, I’m going to keep the seasoning simple and go with just a little salt and pepper. A few seasonings that I’ve used that work well are: 1. Chipotle chili powder, 2. Dill, 3. White Peppercorn, 4. Garam Masala, 5. Cinnamon.
Time: 40-45 minutes (about 43-44 of which are “passive”)
- Spices of your choosing
- Spray Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel carrots, and cut the top end off…or wash under hot water, dry, and don’t peel…your call. **If your carrots have the greens attached, save these and try them sauteed in a little spinach or arugula. DO NOT WASTE THESE! They are amazing!**
- Coat a baking pan with foil (for ease of cleanup…not necessary if you don’t mind a little more work on the back-end), and spray the surface lightly.
- Place your carrots on the pan, and give them a quick spray on top.
- Apply your seasoning
- Roast for 40-45 minutes (give or take) until you’ve got your desired level of doneness. A little less for crunchy, and a little more for more mushy. This also varies with the thickness of your carrots. Good luck.
- Remove from oven, plate, devour, and enjoy!