The idea for this burger came from a combination of two of our past meals: 1. Chorizo and Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Margarita Sauce and 2. Taco Burgers. For this particular recipe, we took some Chorizo, formed it into patties, and cooked them on a grill pan. To add a little bit of additional spice, we sliced and sautéed some jalapeño to place atop the burgers before melting cheese over everything. Lastly, we used guacamole as our sauce, which added a good texture and flavour to our burgers!
Time: 20 Minutes
- Guacamole (pre-made or Make Your Own!)
- Burger Bun
- Toppings of your Choice. We used Spinach, Roma Tomato, and Sliced Sweet Onion.
- Slice your jalapeño. Then, heat some oil in a pan, and sauté your jalapeño slices until they brown.
- As your jalapeños cook, heat your pan, and give it a little oil spray.
- When your pan is hot, form your chorizo into patties, and then place them onto your hot pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, and flip.
- Arrange your cooked jalapeño slices on top of your burgers, and cook for another 5-7 minutes until your meat reaches a minimum internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F.
- As your burgers cook, prep your buns with your toppings.
- When your burgers are nearly done, sprinkle your cheese atop, and cover to melt.
- When your burgers are done, and your cheese is melted, plate, devour, and enjoy!