I realize that this is probably a little late for you to use this year’s Thanksgiving leftovers to make this…but there’s always next year (spoken like a true Buffalo Bills fan, no?)…and you can always have another shot with post Christmas leftovers! There’s nothing that says any one specific component needs to be in your holiday leftover burrito…pretty much, just throw in whatever you have! Regardless of what you’re using, this is a fun way to do something a little different with your leftovers.
We didn’t serve this with a side because it had so many sides already built right into it…but if we needed something more, we would have served this with a simple field greens side salad…or maybe Broccoli Slaw with Dried Cranberries.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Burrito Wraps
- Leftovers of your choice. For this particular burrito, we used:
- Cheese of your Choice. We used Emmentaler for its earthy nuttiness.
- Microwave all of your leftovers of choice so that they are hot.
- Place your burrito wrapper on a plate, and give it a quick microwave zap (20-30 seconds) so that it is warm and pliable.
- Begin to layer your leftovers in the wrap. From this process, we learned that ingredients that stick together well, e.g. stuffing and mashed potatoes/root vegetables, should be used as your bottom and top layers with everything else sandwiched in between (including your cheese).
- Heat a pan with a little oil.
- Wrap your burritos, and place them seam side down on your hot pan. Cook for a few minutes to get that side golden brown
- Flip, and do the same with the other side.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!