This was the second meal we made with the Carnival Squash we bought on our trip. The first was a simple Roasted Carnival Squash, and this recipe built upon that idea, took it one step further, and allowed for fun plating of our entree because it gave us a nice mound upon which to lay our protein!
Time: 65 Minutes
- Carnival (or Acorn) Squash
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully cut your squash in half from stem to bottom.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Place half of your squash face down on your cutting board, and carefully cut it into wedges.
- Give a baking pan a quick oil spray, and then add your squash wedges. Spray your squash with some more oil, and then sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes (until you squash is soft).
- Allow your squash to cool slightly, and then use a spoon to scoop the flesh away from the skin. Place the liberated flesh in a large bowl.
- Mash with a fork!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!