After stopping at a local farm stand and picking up some eggplant this past weekend, we got what we think is a neat concept for a series of recipes. Essentially, each sequential recipe can be enjoyed on its own or used as a component to make the next one! We started out with Grilled Eggplant, as that’s the foundation for the other recipes…We then took that as the base for “Rhubaba Ghanoush” before using that second recipe to as a component in Eggplant Chicken Pitas.
If you’re not progressing onto the other recipes, this would be a great side dish for most Grilled Meats…but especially Grilled New York Strip Steak, Greek Steak Kabobs, or if you prefer roasted meat, Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Thigh!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your grill.
- Wash and slice your eggplant, and put the slices into a large bowl.
- Drizzle your olive oil atop, and sprinkle in some salt.
- Toss your eggplant in the bowl to coat each piece evenly with oil.
- Place your eggplant slices on the grill. Cook for 2-4 minutes (depending on your desired level of charring and your grill’s temperature)
- Flip, and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!