This dish is similar to our Havarti Dill Peas in that it is at its heart peas and cheese. However, we switched up the cheese and seasoning to give this a different flavour profile, and we made this into a non-saucy side rather than a topping for a meat. I’ve wanted to try making peas with Emmentaler ever since my Ant [sic] told me about how growing up, she and my mom would make frozen peas with melted Swiss.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Frozen Peas
- Emmentaler Cheese
- Optional: Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt some butter in a pan, and add a few drops of Worcestershire if you like as well.
- When the butter’s hot, add your peas and sautee.
- As the peas cook, grate your cheese (or slice it into thin strips).
- After a few minutes, add your cheese to the pan to melt and coat your peas.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!