The other day, we endured some incredibly hot and humid weather with basically no wind. While we love summer, those particular conditions had us longing for the cooler days of autumn, and so we made a dinner to embrace that yen.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Celery Root (We used 1/4 of a root and saved the rest for future Celery Root meals)
- Cut your celery root into quarters, and peel with a potato peeler.
- Cut your peeled celery root into small, thin wedges, cut your broccoli into small pieces, and slice your onion.
- Heat some butter in a large, heavy bottomed pan (Cast Iron!), and when the butter is melted and starting to bubble a little, add in your celery root and onions.
- Sautee for about 10 minutes, and then add in your broccoli. Sprinkle in a little salt, and stir to combine.
- Sautee for another 10 or so minutes (adding some water as needed to steam/prevent sticking as the natural sugars in your ingredients caramelize).
- When your celery root is fully cooked (taste one to make sure it’s a texture you like and isn’t too starchy), you’re done!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!