Twice Baked Potatoes were something my mom would make for my sister and me when we were growing up…and any time she did, we were in for a treat. They are basically baked potato skins stuffed with mashed potatoes, topped with cheese, and baked. My first attempt to make them was an epic failure (think soup stuffed potatoes), but I think she would have considered these passable.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Russet Potato
- Shredded Cheese (we used cheddar)
- Poke some holes in the top of your potato, and microwave it for about 5 minutes (give or take depending on the power of your microwave).
- While your potato cooks, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with a little foil. Give it a quick oil spray.
- Remove from the microwave, and cut your potato in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop the innards out (leave some potato against the skin so that it can hold its shape), and set them aside in a bowl.
- Add in some milk and butter, and mash your innards with a fork. Mash in your desired seasonings as well.
- Place your potato skins on your baking sheet, and scoop your mashed potatoes back into your potato skins.
- Top with cheese, and put everything in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!