We love Cauliflower because of its taste, nutrition, and versatility. One of our favourite ways to use it is in place of rice, primarily for some traditionally rice based dishes. For this side dish, we kept it simple and really featured the cauliflower. As always, this is completely customizable to your taste…for example, instead of the Brussels Sprouts and Carrots, you could easily go with corn and red pepper for a totally different flavour profile. Have fun with it!
We served this with Monkfish with Saffron Butter Sauce, but it would go well with pretty much any fish (we want to make this with Salmon). It would also go nicely as a complement to grilled pork, chicken, or turkey!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Cauliflower (we used a half head for 2 servings)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Shredded Carrots
- Dried Parsley (or other herbs you like)
- Prep your veggies:
- Cut your cauliflower into florets, and rice those with a box grater or the small shredding attachment of your food processor.
- Cut your Brussels Sprouts into ribbons (See our Shaved Brussels Sprouts Recipe for more pictures).
- Mix in your shredded carrots (we used pre-shredded for ease)
- Heat a pan with a little butter in it, and when the butter’s melted, add in your veggies.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding a few ounces of water at a time as necessary so your rice half steams/half sautees.
- Towards the end, add in your salt and dried herbs, and let them blend to finish.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!