We absolutely love Brussels Sprouts. While we often make Shaved Brussels Sprouts to save time (as the combination of increased surface area and higher heat do), sometimes, we just need to roast these little cabbages to unlock their complex and amazing flavour. The prep for this is amazingly simple, and while they roast, you can turn your attention to other components of your meal without having to worry about tending to them. Furthermore, you can play with a host of oils and seasonings to accent different flavours.
Time: 45 Minutes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings (We used Salt and Pepper, but Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and even Nutmeg are good additions too)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and cut the ends off your Brussels Sprouts.
- Put your sprouts in an oven safe baking dish (one that has a lid if possible…but if not, you can always use foil to cover it later), drizzle in some olive oil, and add your seasonings.
- Shake or stir to combine and coat your Brussels Sprouts.
- Cover, and toss everything in the oven for about 30 minutes (will take more or less time depending on the size and quantity of sprouts).
- Remove the cover, and cook for another 10-15 minutes until your sprouts are tender, and the leaves that fell off when you cut the ends off are nice and crispy.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!